course noun (CLASSES)
I'd like to do (US take) a writing course when I retire. 退休後我想修讀一門寫作課。
UK Tim did a three-year course in linguistics at Newcastle. 蒂姆在紐卡斯爾大學修讀了為期三年的語言學課程。
course noun (SPORTS AREA)
course noun (DEVELOPMENT)
In the course of (= during) the interview it became clear that he was not the right person for the job. 在面試過程中顯示了他並不適合這份工作。
If our rivals are spending more on advertising, we'll have to follow the same course. 如果對手增加廣告投入，我們也只得奉陪。
in the course of time UK
in/with the course of time
- Once we have committed to this course of action there is no going back.
- We came up against a lot of problems in the course of building our extension.
- In the course of history, love has driven men and women to strange extremes.
- I was grateful for his letter which hastened the course of the enquiry.
- He has been accused of obstructing the course of justice .
course noun (DIRECTION)
Changing the course of the river would cause serious environmental damage to the whole valley. 河流改道會嚴重危害整個流域的環境。
- All attempts at diplomacy have broken down and the two states now appear to be on a collision course.
- He drove in an erratic course down the road.
- Some of the frontier between Germany and Poland follows the course of the river Oder
- The ship held its course.
- Most parents try to steer a middle course between imposing very strict discipline and letting their kids run wild.
course noun (MEAL)
a four-course lunch 四道菜的午餐
- If you make the main course, I'll make a dessert.
- I've only eaten one course and I'm already full.
- By the time the fourth course was served, I was stuffed to the gills.
- The average cost of a full three-course meal - appetizer, main course and dessert - including tip and a modest wine is about $25.
- I had salmon for my main course.
course noun (MEDICAL TREATMENT)
course noun (LAYER)
courseverb [ I usually + adv/prep ]uk /kɔːs/ us /kɔːrs/ formal
Tears were coursing down his cheeks. 淚水從他的臉頰滾落。
You could almost hear the blood coursing through her veins as she passed the finishing line. 她衝過終點時你幾乎聽得到血液在她血管裡流動的聲音。