desertnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈdez.ət/ us /ˈdez.ɚt/
the desert sun 沙漠裡的太陽
cultural, intellectual, etc. desert disapproving
- The flatness of the desert was broken only by a few large piles of rocks.
- She gave a hair-raising account of her escape through the desert.
- Living rough in the desert hardened the recruits a lot.
- The terrorists assumed control of the plane and forced it to land in the desert.
- At night, adult scorpions prowl the desert for insects.
desert verb (RUN AWAY)
desert verb (LEAVE BEHIND)