dieverb [ I ]uk /daɪ/ us /daɪ/ present participle dying, past tense and past participle died
Our love will never die. 我們的愛將永不消逝。
die a natural/violent death
The engine just died on us. 那台引擎剛好報廢在我們手裡。
- These men are ready to die for their country.
- When the queen dies, her eldest son will succeed to the throne.
- We had a very hard winter last year and some of the plants died.
- Trees are dying in areas where acid rain is most prevalent.
- If disturbed, the bird may abandon the nest, leaving the chicks to die.