difference noun (NOT THE SAME)
make a (big) difference B2 also make all the difference
not make any difference B2 also not make the slightest difference
with a difference
- Can you tell the the difference between poisonous mushrooms and edible varieties?
- I forget the exact age difference between Mark and his brother - they're two or three years apart.
- There's not much difference between the two products.
- There's a big difference between starting up a business and just talking about it.
- The things which bind the two of them together are greater than their differences.
difference noun (NOT AGREEING)