distressnoun [ U ]uk /dɪˈstres/ us /dɪˈstres/
She claimed that the way she had been treated at work had caused her extreme emotional and psychological distress. 她說自己在工作中受到的待遇讓她在情感和心理上都感到非常痛苦。
Six people were rescued by helicopter from a fishing boat in distress off the coast. 直升機從康沃爾郡海岸附近的一艘遇險漁船上救出了六個人。
a distress signal 求救信號
- He seems to be quite unaware of other people's distress.
- It was terrible for her to see her child in such distress.
- Terry is always willing to help out a lady in distress!
- The animal was clearly in distress, so we called the vet immediately.
- The old lady's distress at the news could have brought on a heart attack.