a double primrose 重瓣櫻草花
- The pockets on my jeans are reinforced with double stitching.
- At school we have double maths on Friday mornings.
- I get £5 pocket money a wewek, but my friends all get double that amount.
- He had a double helping of pasta.
- Remember always to put a double space after a full stop.
double noun (PERSON)
double noun (TWO PLAYERS)
double noun (BASEBALL)
doubleverb [ I or T ]uk /ˈdʌb.əl/ us /ˈdʌb.əl/
The government aims to double the number of students in higher education within 25 years. 政府計劃在25年內使高校在校生人數增加一倍。
- She's come up with some amazing scheme to double her income.
- Consumer spending has more than doubled in the last ten years.
- The amount of recycled glass used in manufacture doubled in five years.
- Alarmingly, the hole in the ozone layer has doubled in size this year.
- When the price of skiing in the mountain resorts doubled, tourists voted with their feet and just stopped going.
- This recipe is only for four, so I usually do double the quantity if I'm cooking for my family.
- I'll pay you double if you get the work finished by Friday.
- It's a con - you get half the food for double the price!
Fold the blanket double (= so that it is in two layers) and then you won't be cold. 把毯子疊成兩層，這樣你就不會冷了。