draw verb (PICTURE)
Jonathan can draw very well. 喬納森的畫畫得相當棒。
- I'll draw you a quick map if you're worried about finding the hotel.
- She drew the outline of the boat and then coloured it in.
- Rosie drew an elephant and coloured it in.
- Squared paper is better for drawing graphs on.
- If you draw or write in pencil you can always rub out your mistakes with an eraser.
draw verb (ATTRACT)
draw sb's eye(s)
- They're organizing a campaign to draw people's attention to the environmentally harmful effects of using their cars.
- He may be old hat among the trendy younger generation, but his shows draw more viewers than any other comedian.
- Science museums have tried to shake off their somewhat starchy image by mounting exhibitions designed to draw in the crowds.
- He drew attention to the absence of concrete evidence against the defendant.
- He was drawn to the metropolitan glamour and excitement of Paris.
draw verb (MAKE)
You can't really draw a comparison between the two cases - they're completely different. 你不能拿這兩個案子相比較——因爲它們完全不同。
draw a conclusion
- She drew a comparison between life in the army and life in prison.
- He drew an analogy between the brain and a vast computer.
- Did you draw any conclusions at the meeting this morning?
- It would be easy to draw a parallel between the town's history and that of its football club.
- The report focuses on the particular rather than the general and so doesn't draw any overall conclusions.
draw verb (MOVE)
As we drew alongside (= reached) the black car, I suddenly recognized my ex-boyfriend at the wheel. 當我們來到那輛黑色汽車跟前的時候，我突然發現開車的是我以前的男朋友。
draw near, close, etc.
draw to a close/an end
- A limousine drew up outside the hotel.
- As the date of his operation drew near, he became more and more anxious.
- A car drew up outside and a few moments later the doorbell rang.
- "Let's draw this meeting to a close, gentlemen, " said the chairman.
- The shadows deepened as the evening drew on.
draw verb (CAUSE)
draw verb (PULL)
draw verb (CHOOSE)
draw verb (TAKE OUT)
draw verb (GET)
draw verb (BREATHE)
draw verb (EQUAL)
draw verb (MONEY)