earnverb [ I or T ]uk /ɜːn/ us /ɝːn/
I earn $80,000 a year. 我一年賺三萬美元。
You can't expect to earn a living (= be paid enough money to live on) from your painting. 你不能指望靠畫畫來維持生計。
C2 to get something that you deserve應獲得；搏得；贏得
- As a personal trainer to the rich and famous, he earns over a million dollars a year.
- He earns a bit of extra pocket money by babysitting.
- Many people are more interested in job satisfaction than in earning large amounts of money.
- A person's gross income is the money they earn before tax is deducted from it.
- You should put the money in a savings account where it will earn interest.