employ verb (PROVIDE JOB)
[ + to infinitive ] We've employed a market researcher to find out what people really want from a cable TV system. 我們已經僱用了一位市場調查研究員來調查人們到底想透過有線電視系統看到甚麽樣的節目。
- We need to employ more supervisory staff.
- The firm employs several freelance editors.
- The number of people employed by the company has risen from 25 to 200 in three years.
- They've employed her for a six-month trial period.
- The problem with employing people who are overqualified for the job is that they often don't stay in it for long.