an evil dictator 邪惡的獨裁者
These people are just evil. 這些人太惡毒了。
- The film was about an evil genius who wanted to control the world.
- She was given a magic charm to ward off evil spirits.
- I don't believe that human beings are innately evil.
- This evil, cold-hearted killer confessed that he often drugged his victims before he killed them.
- In the 'Harry Potter' films, does the evil wizard, Voldemort, ever actually appear?
evilnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈiː.vəl/ us /ˈiː.vəl/
Each new leader would blame his predecessor for all the evils of the past. 每個新上任的領導人都會把過去所有弊病全部歸咎於前任。
For the sake of long-term peace, the military option is the lesser evil/the lesser of two evils (= the less unpleasant of two bad choices). 為了長期的和平，採取軍事行動是兩害相權取其輕的選擇。
the battle between good and evil 善與惡的較量
- Poverty and ignorance, the bishop said, were the forces of evil in our society today.
- Frank subscribed firmly to the belief that human kindness would overcome evil.
- She was portrayed in the papers as the embodiment of evil.
- You should never meddle with the powers of evil.
- His new book is a gruesome tale of evil, deceit and murder.