fair adjective (RIGHT)
a fair trial 公正的審訊
Why should I have to do all the cleaning? It's not fair! 為甚麼我要做所有的打掃工作？這不公平！
It's not fair that she's allowed to go and I'm not! 允許她去，卻不許我去，這不公平！
It's not fair to blame me for everything! 把一切都怪在我頭上，這不公平！
UK She claims her article was a fair comment on (= a reasonable thing to say about) a matter of public interest. 她聲稱她的文章是對公眾利益問題提出的公正合理的意見。
It was a fair fight. 這是一場公平的拳擊賽。
it's only fair
it's fair to say
to be fair
fair enough B2 UK informal
fair's fair UK also fair dos informal
a fair hearing
fair and square
- A fair justice system is a fundamental part of a civilized society.
- I suppose his criticism was fair comment .
- Everyone should have a fair slice of the cake.
- They claimed that the election had been fair, but really it was a sham.
- This job has more than its fair share of frustrations.
fair adjective (PALE)
fair adjective (QUITE LARGE)
fair adjective (AVERAGE)
fair adjective (QUITE GOOD)
fair adjective (WEATHER)
fairnoun [ C ]uk /feər/ us /fer/
a trade fair 商品交易會