feed verb (GIVE FOOD)
I usually feed the neighbour's cat while she's away. 鄰居不在家時，我經常替她餵貓。
If agriculture was more of a priority, the country would easily be able to feed itself. 如果優先發展農業，這個國家很容易就能實現自給自足。
- Don't forget to feed the plants while I'm away.
- The horse rasped my hand with his tongue as I fed him the apple.
- It costs a lot to feed and clothe five children.
- This quantity of lasagne will feed six people.
- It's a good idea to visit the zoo when they're feeding the animals.
feed verb (PUT)
The images are fed over satellite networks to broadcasters throughout the world. 圖像透過衛星網路傳送給全世界的廣播公司。
[ + two objects ] A member of staff had been feeding the newspaper information/feeding information to the newspaper. 公主的一名工作人員過去一直向這家報社提供消息。
feed noun (FOOD)