This is my first visit to New York. 這是我第一次到紐約。
Today is the first (of August).
in the first place
in the first instance UK
- You roll/throw the dice and whoever gets the highest score goes first.
- Their first baby is due in January.
- When did you first encounter these difficulties?
- I was amazed to hear that Chris had won first prize.
- Yesterday the company announced its first ever fall in profits.
Tom came first in the race. 湯姆在比賽中獲得第一。
Who finished first? 誰先完成的？
B1 for the first time第一次；初次
When did you first meet each other? 你們初次見面是甚麼時候？
first noun (THING/PERSON)
He is the first (= very willing) to admit that much of his success is due to his good looks. 他非常願意承認，他的成功很大程度上歸功於他帥氣的外表。