fly verb (TRAVEL)
We flew to Paris. 我們乘飛機去巴黎。
We fly from/out from/out of La Guardia, but fly back (in)to JKF. 我們從希思路機場起飛，但返航時在格域機場降落。
I usually fly Lufthansa/Japan Airlines/El Al. 我通常搭乘漢莎航空公司／日本航空公司／以色列航空公司的航班。
- Many kinds of birds fly south at the approach of winter.
- We watched a flock of birds fly over the field.
- We are currently flying at an altitude of 15,000 metres.
- Concorde flew much higher than most planes.
- A swarm of bees flew into the garden.
fly verb (MOVE QUICKLY)
Cathy flew by/past me in the corridor. 在走廊裡，凱茜從我身邊飛奔而過。
- The dog fairly flew out of the door to greet him.
- The side door of the pub flew open and three men burst in.
- She flew past the other runners on the final lap.
- A police car went flying past in the opposite direction.
- She would have flown into a rage if I had told her about the incident.
fly verb (WAVE)
The flag was flying at half-mast (= brought down to a point half way down the pole) to mark the death of the president. 降了半旗為總統逝世致哀。
flynoun [ C ]uk /flaɪ/ us /flaɪ/
fly noun [ C ] (INSECT)
- The lizard flicked out its tongue at a fly.
- I swatted the fly with a rolled-up newspaper.
- The horses swished their tails to get rid of the flies hovering around them.
- The dead sheep was covered with swarms of flies.
- The spider preys on small flies and other insects.