forward adverb (DIRECTION)
forward adverb (FUTURE)
from that day forward
forward adverb (PROGRESS)
- No one is sure whether this plan will work, but it's a step forward.
- Sweden has shown the way forward on energy efficiency.
- Their research has pushed forward the frontiers of knowledge.
- After two years in neutral, the economy is finally moving forward again.
- An additional grant has enabled the team to push forward with research plans.
forward adjective (DIRECTION)
forwardverb [ T ]uk /ˈfɔː.wəd/ us /ˈfɔːr.wɚd/