foundation noun (BEGIN)
the foundation of a new state 新州的建立
the British Heart Foundation 英國心臟健康基金會
the Environmental Research Foundation 環境研究基金會
- I stand corrected - the date of foundation was 1411, and not 1412 as I had written.
- The foundation of the company marks an exciting time in information technology.
- He applied for a grant from the Rowntree Foundation.
- The ceremony will mark the anniversary of the foundation of the hospital.
- The foundation was promised a 7% increase to bring its appropriations to $2.07 billion.