good adjective (PLEASANT/SATISFACTORY)
a good book 一本有趣的書
I've just had some very good news. 我剛得知一些令人特別開心的消息。
- You'll like Rosie - she's good company.
- Such a noisy environment was not conducive to a good night's sleep.
- The empty roads make this area good cycling country.
- The good thing about the bike is that it dismantles if you want to put it in the back of the car.
- I was having such a good time I was reluctant to leave.
good adjective (HIGH QUALITY)
- Her work is sometimes good, but the problem is she's not consistent.
- We need someone who can write good copy for our publicity department.
- With a good telescope, you can see craters on the moon.
- It's important for children to get a good education.
- The design is so good it's sure to set the pattern for many others.
good adjective (SUCCESSFUL)
Kate's a good cook. 凱特廚藝很好。
She's very good at geography. 她地理學得很好。
They have a good relationship. 他們關係很好。
She's very good with children. 她很會照顧孩子。
be no good also be not any/much good
get off to a good start
good adjective (KIND)
a good friend 一個好朋友
He's very good to his mother. 他對他媽媽很孝順體貼。
be so good as to also be good enough to formal
good adjective (MORALLY RIGHT)
good adjective (POSITIVE)
good adjective (BEHAVIOUR)
- I'll just have to take you home if you can't be good, children.
- Settle down now, that's a good dog.
- You've been such a good girl this morning - I'm very proud of you.
- You are Year 5 now - surely you can be good for just a few minutes while your teacher is called away!
- He was always a good child and never any trouble.
good adjective (SUITABLE)
good adjective (LARGE)
Not all of his movies have been successful - there were a good few (= several) failures in the early years. 他拍的電影並非都是成功的——剛岀道時他經歷了許多次失敗。
a good deal of
a good ... C2 also a good ...'s
› more than多於；不少於
good adjective (SATISFACTION)
good noun (THINGS)
goods [ plural ]
B1 things for sale, or the things that you own商品，貨物；私人財產
There is a 25 percent discount on all electrical goods until the end of the week. 週末前，所有電器商品全部七五折岀售。
good noun (HELP)
good noun (HEALTH)