group noun (SET)
- A small group of children waited outside the door.
- An unknown terrorist group has claimed responsibility for this morning's bomb attack.
- They work as a group - no one person is allowed to dominate.
- This group of chemicals is known to be harmful to people with asthma.
- The two groups of scientists are vying to get funding for their research projects.
group noun (MUSIC)
- The group have just signed with a new record label.
- The group had a meteoric rise to fame in the 70s.
- The drums and double bass usually form the rhythm section of a jazz group.
- They enjoyed success on a scale unparalleled by any previous pop group.
- Tickets are selling well for the group's upcoming concert tour.