hard adjective (SOLID)
a hard surface 堅硬的表面
Heating the clay makes it hard. 黏土加熱會變硬。
hard adjective (DIFFICULT)
It's hard to say which of them is lying. 很難說他們當中哪個在說謊。
He's a hard man to please. 他是個難以取悅的人。
- I found it hard to follow what the teacher was saying, and eventually I lost concentration.
- The exam is so hard that only 5% of all applicants pass.
- It was hard to be angry with him when he looked so penitent.
- They find it hard to live on their state pension.
- Ending a relationship is always hard but in this case it's for the best.
- The teacher found it hard to keep her class in order.
hard adjective (USING EFFORT)
Go on - give it a good hard push! 繼續——用力推一把！
hard adjective (SEVERE)
Ooh, you're a hard woman, Elaine! 噢，你真是個硬心腸的女人，伊萊恩！
be hard on sb
hard adjective (ALCOHOL)
hard adjective (WATER)
hard adjective (WEATHER)
hard adverb (USING EFFORT)