home noun (HOUSE/APARTMENT)
The senator has two homes - an apartment in Washington and a house in Colorado. 這位參議員有兩個家——一個是位於華盛頓的公寓，另一個是科羅拉多的家。
He was living on the streets for three months, and his home was a cardboard box. 他在大街上住了三個月，他的家就是一個厚紙箱。
Call me at home after four o'clock. 四點之後打家裡的電話找我。
We had a happy home. 我們有一個幸福的家庭。
home noun (ORIGIN)
- Her home is the east of France.
- After you've gained some experience teaching abroad you can come home and get a job.
- The advertising campaign will try to hammer home the message that excessive drinking is a health risk.
- She is riding the fastest horse and is certain to romp home.
- When one engine stopped, we had to turn round and fly home.
home noun (COUNTRY)
UK I wonder what they're doing back at home. 我納悶他們在國內在做甚麼。
- Their performance was nothing to write home about.
- Thousands of people turned out to welcome the England team home.
- I stayed in Montreal for two weeks then flew home.
- The team playing at home had a big advantage.
- The diplomats have been sent home because their embassy has become a nest of spies and espionage.