idea noun (SUGGESTION)
I've had an idea - why don't we go to the coast? 我有個主意——我們為甚麼不去海濱呢？
"Let's go swimming." "That's a good idea!" 「我們去游泳吧。」「好主意！」
I like the idea of living in the countryside but I'm not sure I'd like the reality. 我覺得住在鄉村的想法很好，但我不肯定是否喜歡這樣一種現實。
idea noun (KNOWLEDGE)
Do you have any idea of what he looks like? 你知道他長甚麼樣子嗎？
idea noun (BELIEF)
[ + that ] Dr Leach puts forward the idea that it is impossible to spoil a child. 利奇提出的觀點是，寵壞孩子是不可能的。
- Some people have the idea that national identity will be lost as a result of European integration.
- I'm very much against the idea that it is the woman's job to bring up the child.
- Do you agree with the idea that violence on television has a harmful effect on children?
- Everyone has their own ideas about the best way to bring up children.
- Lenin carried Marx's ideas a stage further by putting them into practice.
idea noun (PURPOSE)