impressverb [ I or T, not continuous ]uk /ɪmˈpres/ us /ɪmˈpres/
I remember when I was a child being very impressed with how many toys she had. 我記得小時候我對她有那麼多的玩具羨慕不已。
- He tried to impress his teachers by using big words in all his essays.
- It's important to impress your seniors if you want to be promoted.
- Everyone was impressed by the cleverness of the machine.
- Listening to the interview, I was impressed by the subtlety of the questions.
- We were impressed by the great richness of detail in her painting.