industry noun (PRODUCTION)
trade and industry 貿易和工業
industry and commerce 工商業
industry noun (TYPE OF WORK)
the tourist industry 旅遊業
manufacturing industries 製造業
the heritage industry 遺產產業
- The government was determined to reduce the number of state-owned industries.
- The redundancies are spread across the clothing, banking and building industries.
- Service industries such as tourism have become more important in the post-industrial age.
- The chemical industry produces such things as petrochemicals, drugs, paint and rubber.
- She works in the construction industry.