lay verb (PUT DOWN)
- Just lay the suitcase on the bed, would you?
- He laid the wreath reverently in front of the memorial.
- The road has been dug up in order to lay cables.
- Modern office buildings have false floors, under which computer and phone wires can be laid.
- He took out his gold watch and laid it ostentatiously on the table in front of him.
lay verb (LIE)
› past simple of lie verb躺；平躺；平臥
lay verb (PRODUCE EGGS)
lay verb (HAVE SEX)
lay verb (RISK MONEY)
lay verb (EXPRESS)
She can't accept she made a mistake and now she's trying to lay the blame on (= accuse) her assistant. 她無法接受自己犯錯誤的事實，於是想把責任推到助手的頭上。