leave verb (GO AWAY)
I'll be leaving at five o'clock tomorrow. 我明天早晨五點鐘離開。
- I didn't leave the office until eight o'clock last night.
- A young girl was crying, protesting that she didn't want to leave her mother.
- We gathered our things together and left quickly.
- Soon we had left the river estuary and were heading towards the open sea .
- Your flight to Perth will leave from Terminal 4.
leave verb (NOT TAKE)
Can I leave a message for Sue? 我可以給休留個口信嗎？
leave verb (REMAIN)
[ + two objects ] If I give you €50 that won't leave me enough cash to pay the bill. 如果我給你十英鎊，我剩下的錢就不夠付帳了。
Leave that chair where it is. 把那張椅子留在原處。
leave verb (STOP)
leave verb (WAIT)
leave verb (AFTER DEATH)
leave verb (GIVE RESPONSIBILITY)
I left the decision (up) to her. 我讓她來決定這件事情。
leave noun (HOLIDAY)
She's (gone) on leave (= holiday). 她去休假了。