lend verb (GIVE)
She doesn't like lending her books. 她不喜歡把書借給別人。
- Very reluctantly, I've consented to lend her my car.
- All right, I'll lend you the money.
- When the bank refused to lend us any more money we realized we'd reached the end of the road.
- It was most generous of you to lend me the money.
- Here's the book I said I'd lend you.
lend verb (ADD TO)
[ + two objects ] Vases of flowers all around the room lent the place a cheerful look/lent a cheerful look to the place. 幾瓶花給這個房間增添了一些歡樂的氣氛。