He went mad towards the end of his life. 在他的生命走向終了時他瘋掉了。
Cats are supposed to have nine lives. 據說貓有九命。
He lost his life (= died suddenly because of a violent event or accident) in the Great War. 他在一戰中喪生。
A simple mixture of glucose and water can save lives in many parts of the world. 在世界上很多地方，把葡萄糖和水混合在一起就可以用來拯救人的性命。
my working life 我的職業生涯
We interviewed senior politicians, famous writers, and others in public life. 我們採訪了資深政界人士、著名作家等公衆人物。
I left home at 16 to see life (= have different experiences with a lot of people in lots of places). 我16歲離家出去闖蕩世界。
bring sth to life
give your life also lay down your life
life after death
start a new life also make a new life for yourself
- She seems like a woman who is contented with her life.
- Your life changes dramatically when you have a baby.
- Her time at university was the most eventful period of her life.
- The new drug might help save the lives of cancer victims.
- It was only later in life that she found happiness and peace of mind.