I think we ought to put a strict limit on the amount of time we can spend on the project. 我認為我們應該嚴格限制在這個專案上的時間投入。
There's a limit to the number of times I can stop what I'm doing just so I can help him! 我可以停下手裡的工作幫他的忙，但不能幫個沒完，總要有個限度！
Three cocktails are my limit. 我最多能喝三杯馬丁尼雞尾酒。
I won't have any more - I know my limit! 我不能再喝了——我知道自己的酒量！
the limit old-fashioned informal
limits [ plural ]
- Many people became ineligible to receive state aid because their earnings were above the new limit.
- The government has set new limits on public spending.
- The bad language in that play overstepped the limits of what ought to be allowed on television.
- At this restaurant you can help yourself to as much food as you want - there's no limit.
- "How much are you willing to spend?" "Well, the outside limit would be £350."
limitverb [ T ]uk /ˈlɪm.ɪt/ us /ˈlɪm.ɪt/
- Oil prices are certain to rise following the agreement to limit production.
- The government is being widely criticized in the press for failing to limit air pollution.
- You should always limit your exposure to the sun.
- The government has promised to introduce legislation to limit fuel emissions from cars.
- Division within the party will limit its chances at the election.