make sth up
— phrasal verb with make uk /meɪk/ us /meɪk/ verb made, made
- They made up an excuse not to go to the meeting.
- She told us stories about her family, but they were all made up.
- There was no fire - he made it all up.
- If you can't think what to write, just make something up.
- I made up a few words about his role in the company.
Could you make up a list of all the things that need to be done? 你能否將要做的所有事情列張清單？
He asked the man behind the counter to make up a box with a selection of chocolates. 他請售貨員把多種巧克力拼湊起來，放好在盒子裡。