man noun (MALE)
men and women 男人和女人
a marketing, advertising, etc. man
I hear she's got a new man. 我聽說她找了個新男朋友。
Is there a man in her life? 她有男人嗎？
Hey, man, how are you doing? 嘿，老兄，你好嗎？
man and wife old-fashioned
- Her eyes were immediately drawn to the tall blond man standing at the bar.
- My father never spoke a lot, but when he did speak it was worth listening to.
- Do you recognize that man in the grey suit?
- Jon has developed from an awkward teenager into a sophisticated young man.
- I believe women should be paid the same as men.
man noun (PEOPLE)
man noun (OBJECT)
manverb [ T ]uk /mæn/ us /mæn/ -nn-
Barricades were erected against the advancing government troops and they were manned throughout the night. 設置了路障以阻擋政府軍的前進，並且整夜有人看守。
Man the pumps! 派人看著抽水機！Note: Many people find this use sexist and prefer to use other verbs such as 'operate' or 'staff'.