mapnoun [ C ]uk /mæp/ us /mæp/
A2 a drawing of the earth's surface, or part of that surface, showing the shape and position of different countries, political borders, natural features such as rivers and mountains, and artificial features such as roads and buildings地圖
a map of the world 世界地圖
a map of Paris 巴黎地圖
a road map 公路圖
We need a large-scale map showing all the footpaths that we can walk along. 我們需要一張大比例尺地圖，上面要標出所有能走的小路。
a celestial map 天體圖
a map of Mars 火星地形圖
- To find your nearest UK school, we have a clickable map dividing the UK into regions.
- I'm not quite sure how to get there - I'd better consult a map.
- This map has contours marked at 250-metre intervals.
- Let's aim for Coventry first, and then we'll have a look at the map.
- On this map, demarcations between regions are shown with dotted lines.