meaning noun (OF WORD/WRITING/SIGN, ETC.)
The word "flight" has two different meanings: a plane journey, and the act of running away. flight 一詞有兩個不同的意思：航程和逃跑。
- The meaning of a sentence often depends on stress and intonation.
- The literal meaning of 'television' is 'seeing from a distance'.
- It's sometimes very difficult to draw a clear distinction between the meanings of different words.
- Let's just say we had 'problems', if you get my meaning.
- The skull at the bottom of the picture has a symbolic meaning - it represents death.
meaning noun (IMPORTANCE)