might modal verb (MAY)
- "I thought you might have helped, " she replied peevishly.
- He wrote to me last week regarding a business proposition he thought might interest me.
- Jan hasn't got a ticket but I thought we might sneak her in.
- I suggested that a cup of tea might settle her stomach.
- I've brought with me an article from yesterday's paper that I thought might amuse you.
might modal verb (POSSIBILITY)
Driving so fast, he might have had a nasty accident (= it could have happened but it did not). 他開車開得那麼快，早就可能出意外。
might modal verb (PERMISSION)
（用於請求許可，語氣較 may 更婉轉）可以，能
might modal verb (SUGGESTION)