nerve noun (BODY)
the optic nerve 視神經
a spinal nerve 脊神經
nerve damage 神經損傷
nerve fibres 神經纖維
- A neurotransmitter is a chemical that nerve cells use to communicate with each other and with muscles.
- The newspaper article touched a raw nerve - people still resent the closure of the local school.
- Repairing damaged nerves is a very delicate operation.
- The drug paralyses the nerves so that there is no feeling or movement in the legs.
- The nerves are protected by thin sheaths of fatty tissue.
nerve noun (COURAGE)
nerve noun (WORRY)
nerves [ plural ]
nerve noun (RUDENESS)
[ + to infinitive ] She's late for work every day, but she still has the nerve to lecture me about punctuality. 她天天遲到，居然還有臉教訓我要準時。
That man has some nerve! He's always blaming me for things that are his fault. 那人真是無恥！有些事明明是他的過錯，他卻總來責備我。
UK also That man has such a nerve!