number noun (SYMBOL)
25, 300, and a billion are all numbers. 25 300和10億都是數字。
They live at number 34 Orchard Street. 他們住在果園街34號。
number noun (AMOUNT)
numbers [ plural ]
a number of things
- The last ten years have seen a dramatic fall in the number of adoptions.
- The number of people claiming unemployment benefit has risen sharply this month.
- It was an unpopular policy and caused a number of conflicts within the party.
- The number of business failures rose steeply last year.
- The mud flats attract large numbers of birds.
number noun (PARTICULAR THING)
Do you have last week's number of the New Yorker? 你有上周那期《紐約客》雜誌嗎？