office noun (WORK PLACE)
the director's office 經理辦公室
office equipment 辦公設備
office workers 辦公室工作人員
They have offices in Paris, London, and Madrid. 他們在巴黎、倫敦和馬德裡都設有辦事處。
- Debbie has a summer job clerking in an office.
- He concocted a story about working late at the office.
- It's very convenient that you live near the office.
- The proposed new office tower is a steel and glass structure 43 storeys high.
- We're an international company with offices in Paris, New York and Sydney.
office noun (RESPONSIBILITY)
The Socialist party has been in office (= governing)/out of office (= not governing) for almost ten years. 社會黨執政／在野已近10年了。