performance noun (ACTIVITY)
High-performance cars (= those that are fast, powerful, and easy to control) are the most expensive. 性能卓越的汽車價格最高。
- The financial performance of the business is fully expected to improve.
- He was fired from his $165,000 job for poor performance.
- At the end of each teaching practice, trainee teachers are asked to appraise their own performance.
- That was an impressive performance from such a young tennis player.
- When criticisms were made of the school's performance, the parents' group countered with details of its exam results.
performance noun (ENTERTAINMENT)
a performance of Arthur Miller's play "The Crucible" 上演的亞瑟•米勒的戲劇《激情年代》
a performance mainly UK informal
a repeat performance