personnoun [ C ]uk /ˈpɜː.sən/ us /ˈpɝː.sən/ plural people formal persons
person noun [ C ] (HUMAN)
A1 a man, woman, or child人
- She's sure to get the job she wants - she's a very determined person.
- I don't know how it's possible for a person to disappear without trace.
- The jury has to decide whether a person is guilty or innocent of a crime.
- I think we've chosen the right person to lead the expedition.
- Who's the most famous person you've ever interviewed on TV?
person noun [ C ] (GRAMMAR)
› specialized language, language used in grammar to describe the verbs and pronouns that refer to the different people in a conversation. The first person ("I" or "we") refers to the person speaking, the second person ("you") refers to the person being spoken to and the third person ("he", "she", "it", or "they") refers to another person or thing being spoken about or described人稱（第一人稱 I 或 we 指說話人，第二人稱 you 指聽話的人，第三人稱 he， she， it 或 they 指談到的人或事物）