pile noun (AMOUNT)
a pile of books 一疊書
- He had a pile of papers on his desk.
- Put those clothes in a pile for washing .
- I have a pile of mending to do.
- He found the piece of paper he had lost at the very bottom of the pile.
- There's an enormous pile of washing-up in the sink.
pile noun (COLUMN)
pile noun (SURFACE)
pile noun (BUILDING)
pile verb (OBJECTS)
Snow had piled up against the walls. 雪在牆腳堆積起來。
- The saucepans clashed as he piled them into the sink.
- She had a most elaborate hairdo, all piled up on top of her head.
- In the village market, the stalls are piled high with local vegetables.
- The logs were neatly piled against the wall.
- Knowing he had a good appetite, she passed him a plate piled high with mashed potato.