pitch noun (SPORTS FIELD)
- He was taken to hospital after his collapse on the pitch.
- He dribbled the ball to the edge of the pitch.
- At the end of the match, the pitch was a real quagmire.
- Unfortunately the game was cancelled because of a waterlogged pitch.
- The football pitch was absolutely sodden.
pitch noun (LEVEL)
pitch noun (PERSUASION)
The man in the shop gave me his (sales) pitch about quality and reliability. 商店裡的那個男人向我大談最高品質，信譽可靠之類的推銷行話。
She made a pitch for the job but she didn't get it. 她竭力爭取這份工作，但沒有成功。
pitch noun (SLOPE)
pitch noun (BLACK SUBSTANCE)
pitch verb (MOVE)