policynoun [ C ]uk /ˈpɒl.ə.si/ us /ˈpɑː.lə.si/
policy noun [ C ] (PLAN)
- No smoking is company policy.
- It was an unpopular policy and caused a number of conflicts within the party.
- She advises the president on African policy.
- The school has an enlightened policy of teaching boys to cook.
- The president's speech heralds a new era in foreign policy.
policy noun [ C ] (DOCUMENT)
- Can you give me the reference number of your policy?
- Details of the policy are provided in the accompanying booklet.
- When is the policy due for renewal?
- I think the policy has expired.
- My life assurance policy matures in 2005.