pool noun (LIQUID)
figurative a pool of light 一小片光亮
- The boys were splashing about and ducking each other in the pool.
- I just managed to grab hold of Lucy before she fell in the pool.
- a pool of sunlight
- She looked at her reflection in the deep green pool of water.
- She dipped her toe into the pool to see how cold it was.
pool noun (COLLECTION)
- During times of mass unemployment, there's a pool of cheap labour for employers to draw from.
- Did Gary win the office pool?
- Everybody puts some money into a common pool.
- We need a reserve pool of cash, just to be on the safe side.
- We're recruiting from a large pool of graduate lawyers.
pool noun (MONEY)
the office pool 辦公室合賭
Who won the pool? 誰贏了這次合賭？