popular adjective (LIKED)
informal Jan wasn't very popular (= people were annoyed by her) when she opened all the windows on that cold day. 在這麼冷的天簡把所有的窗戶都打開，這樣做很惹人厭。
- The government's policies have not been popular with the voters.
- The potato is the most popular vegetable in Britain.
- This particular stretch of coast is especially popular with walkers.
- At school he was popular and self-confident, and we weren't surprised at his later success.
- It's the good weather that makes Spain such a popular tourist destination.
popular adjective (GENERAL)