post noun (LETTERS)
post noun (JOB)
They have several vacant posts. 他們有幾個職位空缺。
- She rose to the exalted post of Foreign Secretary after only three years in the government.
- I'm sorry, the post has already been filled.
- She has been removed from her post as managing director.
- Without a doubt, she's the strongest candidate we've interviewed for the post.
- Chief Inspector of Schools is a very challenging and high-profile post.
post noun (POLE)
post noun (PLACE)
post verb (LETTERS)
I must post that parcel (off) or she won't get it in time for her birthday. 我得把包裹寄出去，否則她過生日就不能及時收到了。
- She gave me her assurance that she would post the cheque immediately.
- Please remind me to post this letter when we're out - I keep forgetting.
- I had posted the card two months previously.
- My husband generally posts our letters on his way to work.
- I posted the parcel over a week ago - it should have reached you by now.
post verb (PLACE)
post verb (MESSAGE)