preserveverb [ T ]uk /prɪˈzɜːv/ us /prɪˈzɝːv/
to preserve the environment 保護環境
I need to get out of the house from time to time just to preserve (= prevent me from losing) my sanity. 我需要時不時到戶外去以保持頭腦清醒。
preserved fruit 保鮮水果
- It's our duty to preserve the planet for future generations.
- The Forestry Commission is responsible for preserving over 2 million acres of woodland.
- The remains of the Roman fort are well preserved.
- Every attempt is being made to ensure that these works of art are preserved for posterity.
- He has a collection of prehistoric insects preserved in amber.