principaladjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈprɪn.sə.pəl/ us /ˈprɪn.sə.pəl/
He was principal dancer at the Dance Theatre of Harlem. 他是哈萊姆舞劇院的頭號舞伶。
- The principal aim of this meeting is to reach a decision that we all agree on.
- The diaphragm is the principal muscle of respiration.
- I would like to earn more, but this isn't my principal reason for leaving the job.
- He can't give up teaching, it's his principal source of income.
- This is the principal road between the two cities.
principal noun (PERSON)
principal noun (MONEY)
› [ C usually singular ] specialized finance & economics an amount of money that someone has invested in a bank or lent to a person or organization so that they will receive interest on it from the bank, person, or organization本金；可生息的資本