prizenoun [ C ]uk /praɪz/ us /praɪz/
The critics' prize for best film was won by Marc Abbott for "Belly Laugh". 馬克•阿博特的《捧腹大笑》被評論家們評為最佳影片。
- First prize is a fortnight in Barbados and second prize is a weekend in Rome.
- There's a prize for the fastest three runners in each category.
- Carlos was awarded first prize in the essay competition.
- The children collected their prizes and then went back to their places.
- Her internationally acclaimed novel has won several literary prizes.
prize verb (REWARD)
prize verb (LIFT)
prizeadjective [ before noun ]uk /praɪz/ us /praɪz/
a prize bull 一流的公牛
a prize marrow 上好的西葫蘆