rapeverb [ I or T ]uk /reɪp/ us /reɪp/
- She was raped as a young girl.
- She said that he'd raped her.
- He had raped her repeatedly during this period.
- He raped and murdered several women.
- She does a lot of counselling with women who've been raped and abused.
rape noun (SEX CRIME)
He had committed several rapes. 他多次犯下強姦罪。
He was convicted of rape. 他被判犯有強姦罪。
- The judge was reviled in the newspapers for his opinions on rape.
- We're hearing reports of the systematic rape and torture of prisoners.
- Some of the most disturbed children had witnessed really traumatic things, such as rape and murder.
- Why do so many rapes go unreported?
- The woman alleged rape, but Reeves insisted it was consensual.