go/turn (bright) red
- This heat has made me come out in an itchy red rash.
- She drives a red sports car.
- Nicky and I both have red hair but hers is lighter than mine.
- She had a red mark on her arm where she'd burned herself.
- He was signalling with a red flag.
rednoun [ C or U ]uk /red/ us /red/
I've always worn a lot of red. 我一向是穿紅色衣服居多。
She was dressed all in red. 她穿了一身紅。
- He drew a heart and coloured it red.
- The colour red is used to denote passion or danger.
- In autumn, the leaves turn a dusky red.
- He said, by way of explanation, that he hadn't seen the traffic light change to red.
- She looks best in bright, vibrant colours, like red and pink.