reverse verb (CHANGE TO OPPOSITE)
- Convention dictates that it is the man who asks the woman to marry him and not the reverse.
- "So is he happier?" "Quite the reverse. I've never seen him more miserable."
- It's a strange situation - it's the reverse of what you'd expect.
- I thought that she'd be happier once he was home but in fact the reverse is true.
- Andrew tends to look after the kids while Marie does the housework which is the reverse of this household.
You might think that people who don't worry about their diet are fatter and more unhealthy; in fact, the reverse is true.
in reverse (order)